POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Photons and max_gradient : Re: Photons and max_gradient Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:42:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons and max_gradient
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Jul 2001 06:15:03
Message: <3B4ECAB5.1639522C@gmx.de>
Tom Melly wrote:

> I'm needing to set a max_gradient for an iso (see underwater image posted to
> bin.img).
>
> The odd thing is that the max_gradient is only required when I turn on photons.
> Is this a bug or an expected side-effect of using photons?

What do you mean you 'need to' set a max_gradient?

The default max_gradient is 1 and you should set a higher value if the
real maximum gradient is higher no matter if you are using photons or not.

It can happen that a scene renders all right with a too low max_gradient,
but this is always fairly accidental.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>